The nomination forms for School Social Worker, Administrator and Citizen(s) of the Year awards are available. Please consider nominating eligible candidates for these prestigious annual awards. This is particularly fitting since FASSW is celebrating its Platinum (70 years) Anniversary State Conference this October 17-18. Please check out our website for further details on registration and for the conference itself. All nomination forms or questions should be directed to the Awards Chairperson, Beverley Wilks. Thank you for your timely cooperation with this matter.
2016 BOARD MEMBERS
President Laurel E. Thompson, MSW, Ph.D.
Vice President Kim Frederick,
Immediate Past President Freddie Nieves, MSW, Ph.D.
Secretary Liliana Pardo-Posse, MSW
Treasurer Arrionne Jones, MSW
Annual Conference Board Liaison Benita Tillman-Brown, MSW, Ed.D. Attendance Symposium Freddie Nieves, MSW, Ph.D.
- Awards Beverley Wilks, MSW
- Children’s Committee Sandy San Miguel, MSW
- Continuing Education (CEU) Freddie Nieves, MSW, Ph.D.
- Cultural Connections (Formerly Minority Caucus) Martina Parker-Sobers, MSW (Retired)
- Legislative/Government Affairs Sandy San Miguel, MSW/ Beverley Wilkes, MSW
- Social Media & Marketing Marva Furlongue-Laver, MSW
- Nominating Sandy San Miguel, MSW
- Regional Board Representative Kari Johnston, MSW, LCSW
- Supervisors/Administrators Dianne Martin-Morgan, MSW
- Membership Chair Sandy San Miguel, MSW/ Lynette Judge, MSW
- Scholarships Amber DeMorse, MSW
- Student Representative Student Scholarship Recipient
- Suicide Prevention Coalition Marisa Kinney, LCSW
- University Liaison Michael Kelly, MSW, Ph.D.
- School Social Work Consultant Iris Williams, MSW
The Florida Association of School Social Workers (FASSW) Conference Program Committee is now accepting workshop proposals for presentations at the 70th Annual FASSW State Conference hosted by Lake, Osceola and Polk County School Social Workers. The conference will be held at the Radisson Resort in Kissimmee, Florida October 17-18, 2016. The 2016 conference theme is: SCHOOL SOCIAL WORKERS: ADVANCING STUDENT ENGAGEMENT & MENTAL HEALTH. We invite school and community social workers and professionals in related fields to submit a workshop proposal for participation consideration. Deadline to submit is June 10, 2016!