· District Coordinator, Student Services (Grant Funded) (2 Positions) JobID: 37090
· Position Type:
Administration, District/Student Support Initiatives & Recovery
· Date Posted:
· Closing Date:
Salary Range: $74,407 - $123,734
The ideal candidate for this position will have the ability to:
· Provide full oversight of clinical services
· Supervise staff
· Provide training to both staff and schools
· Convene community meetings
· Provide consultation on all related mental health issues
Be Advised: All Applications Are Subject To Florida Public Records Law.
Additional requirements include:
o Ability to effectively manage, and supervise large diverse staff; build cohesive teams, and collaborate successfully with other departments
o Demonstrated ability to translate theory into practice
o Demonstrated ability in program planning, development, implementation, and evaluation
o Skills in providing evidence-based professional development activities for staff
o Ability to engage stakeholders to improve academic outcomes for students
o Demonstrated ability to think globally while developing solutions to address local concerns
To apply, click link below:
THE SCHOOL BOARD OF BROWARD COUNTY, FLORIDA
POSITION TITLE: Supervisor, School Social Work Services
JOB CODE: B-012
SALARY BAND: C
BARGAINING UNIT: ESMAB
REPORTS TO: Director, Student Services
CONTRACT YEAR: Twelve Months
To develop a comprehensive delivery model of school social work services to support the academic success, educational advocacy, and social emotional well-being of students. To provide leadership, direction, and supervision to District staff in adhering to social work ethics and evidence based practices. To develop protocols to measure the effectiveness and fidelity of the service model. To advise on the continuous improvement of mental health services to students and families in Broward County Schools. To partner with the District, schools, community agencies, and national professional groups to ensure the collaborative delivery of services
ESSENTIAL PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Supervisor, School Social Work Services shall carry out the essential performance responsibilities listed below.
· Supervise staff as assigned in the performance of job duties.
· Develop an infrastructure to monitor and ensure that Broward County Public Schools remain compliant with Federal and State regulations legislating educational services and mental health services for all students.
· Serve as the District representative as it relates to school social work services.
· Serve as a member of various District level, local, state, and national committees, to support the provision of mental health and school social work services.
· Support academic, social, and interpersonal student development by supporting and implementing Student Support, Recovery, and Student Services Department initiatives.
· Provide essential communication to District leadership and staff, on all applicable school social work programs.
· Ensure that school social work assignments and specific responsibilities meet the needs of the District, schools, and students.
· Provide supervision and performance evaluation according to BCPS policies, FLDOE requirements and NASW ethics.
· Serve as the District point of contact for managing, assembling, and deploying the Crisis Response Team.
· Assist the Director Student Services in the recruitment and hiring of appropriate staff.
· Review sensitive reports/documents to ensure the timely dissemination and/or communication of information to staff, school, and/or district staff, as applicable.
· Provide guidance and consultation with the School Principal, District and community leaders on educational planning for students/families in support of improved academic and mental health outcomes.
· Direct staff in the review and interpretation of student records relative to educational program
s monitoring, and tracking of student promotion, and graduation rates.
· Serve as the liaison between and among the District’s offices, departments, school sites, the local and state agencies pertaining to the provision of school social work services for all students.
· Conduct annual staff performance evaluations, as required by state and BCPS guidelines.
· Ensure compliance in assessing, identifying, and recommending services for students with disabilities.
· Ensure that staff provide adequate direct services, case management, and follow-up procedures.
· Oversee staff utilization and access to confidential data, ensuring compliance with rules relating to the transfer and dissemination of information between schools, District offices and approved governmental agencies, in compliance with FERPA and HIPPA.
· Evaluate and assess the training needs of both internal and external stakeholders, develop curriculum and content, including selection of applicable materials and delivering training in collaboration with the BCPS Professional Development Department.
· Gather, review and analyze data to identify trends and inform programming decisions.
· Perform and promote all activities in compliance with equal employment and non-discrimination policies of The School Board of Broward County, Florida.
· Participate in training programs offered to enhance the individual’s skills and proficiency related to the job responsibility.
· Review current developments, literature and technical sources of information related to job responsibilities.
· Ensure adherence to safety rules and procedures.
· Follow federal and state laws, as well as School Board policies.
· Perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor, or designee.
School social workers in conjunction with the Director, Student Services.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
· An earned master's degree from an accredited institution in social work, guidance, psychology or a related field of study.
· A minimum of five (5) years within the last ten (10) years, of related experience including, but not limited to, serving at-risk children, youth and families in a formal education or social services setting.
· Valid Florida Certification in School Social Work.
· Demonstrated knowledge of community initiatives to address population needs.
· Effective time-management skills, including demonstrated ability to adhere to deadlines.
· An understanding of the roles and functions of school social workers within the Department of Student Services, the school system and the community.
· Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
· Computer skills as required for the position.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
· Prior experience in an educational setting as a teacher, ESE specialist, guidance counselor, school social worker or related position.
· Knowledge of National Association of Social Workers (NASW) Social Work ethics.
· Knowledge of Individual Educational Plans and placement process.
· Bilingual skills
– frequency, contact, purpose, and desired end result:
Work collaboratively with parents,
area, school, and district staff at all levels to ensure appropriate programs and services are delivered
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force as needed to move objects.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with the District's approved compensation plan. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by the School Board.
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Board Policy.
Board Approved: 4/23/91 &
Board Adopted: 12/16/03*
Board Adopted: 1/17/06
2012-2013 Organizational Chart
School social work position posted 12/10/2018
Key Largo/Tavernier, FL
Monroe County School District
https://www.applitrack.com/keysschools/onlineapp/ Student Support Services
Pinellas County Schools is currently hiring School Social Workers. You must hold an MSW for this position. If you are interested in applying, please go to pcsb.org to complete an on-line application. If you have any questions please email Tari Connell at email@example.com